AREA DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES :
The State Government is proactive in addressing the regional imbalances in development and has constituted two autonomous boards to focus on the overall development of certain areas in the state viz., Malnad area and Maidan ( Bayaluseeme) area. The thrust is on development of infrastructure viz., roads and bridges, rural and urban water supply schemes, minor irrigation soil conservation and social sector works. In addition to these Area Development Boards, the State has also constituted the Karavali Development Authority for preparation of need based Project Reports, Feasibility Reports for comprehensive development of coastal regions. The Karavali Development Authority has taken up projects such as construction of fish markets, bridges, commercial complexes, pubic amenities etc. from the financial year 2015-16.
MALNAD AREA DEVELOPMENT BOARD (MADB), SHIVAMOGGA :
The Malnad Area Development Board since its inception in May 1993, up to January-2019 has incurred an expenditure of Rs. 645.28 crores completing 19978 works.
BAYALUSEEME AREA DEVELOPMENT BOARD (BADB), CHITRADURGA :
The Bayaluseeme Area Development Board since its inception in 1995, up to January-2019 has incurred an expenditure of Rs.289.89 crore completing 7948 works.
KARAVALI DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY (KAP):
The Karavali Development Authority since its inception in 2008, up to January-2019 has incurred an expenditure of Rs.49.13 crore completing 180 works.
KARNAKATA LEGISLATOR'S LOCAL AREA DEVELOPMENT SHCHEME (KLLADS):
The Government is implementing Karnataka Legislator’s Local Area Development Scheme (KLLADS) since 2001-02. In order to accommodate local aspirations and needs more effectively, and to ensure responsive planning and delivery of services, the Government has taken up schemes for asset creation, infrastructure development and employment generation for the benefit of the poor and weaker sections, whose planning and execution can be done at the Legislator’s Constituency Level. For the Financial year 2018-19 an allocation of Rs.600.00 crore is provided in the budget. An amount Rs.481.69 crore has been released up to March-2019.
DEVELOPMENT WORKS FOR NEW DISTRICTS:
A special grant of Rs.50.00 crore each was provided for taking-up developmental works in the newly formed Yadgir and Chikkaballapur district. Out of Rs.50.00 crore, Rs.48.85 crore has been released to Yadgir district and expenditure incurred upto the end of 31.01.2019 is Rs.44.36 crore. Out of Rs.50.00 crore, Rs.36.68 crore has been released to Chikkaballapur district and expenditure incurred upto the end of 31.01.2019 is Rs.34.63 crore.
DEVELOPMENT OF NAXAL AFFECTED AREAS:
From the year 2012-13 to 2018-19 a grant of Rs.4846.00 Lakh was provided for the overall development of Naxal Affected Areas. Out of which Rs.4814.75 lakh released upto the end of 31.01.2019 for Naxal Affected 9 Taluks viz Pavdagada (Tumkur), Therthahally, Hosanagara (Shivmoga), Sringeri, Mudigere, Koppa (Chikkamagalur), Karkala, Kundapura (Udupi), and Belthangadi (Dakshin kannada).
HYDERABAD KARNATAKA REGION DEVELOPMENT BOARD (HKRDB):
By amendment to the constitution of India, Article 371(j) was created by the UPA Government in 2013 due to the efforts of the Union Minister for Railways Dr. Mallikarjun Kharge, currently M.P and the HKRDB was set up by the HKRDB order 2013 on 06/11/2013 by the state government under the chief Minister Sri. Siddaramaiah.
The Details of the Board are as follows:
The Hyderabad Karnataka Region Development Board was established on 06.11.2013.
The jurisdiction of the Board is spread over 40 assembly constituencies (after the recent delimitation of constituencies) of Bidar, Bellary, Kalaburagi, Koppal, Raichur and Yadgir districts.
- All the district Incharge ministers of the H.K region will be the member and one of the Ministers Incharge of Districts in the region to be nominated by the state Government as the chairman.
- Eight members of Karnataka Legislative Assembly representing the region for a period of one year by rotation as nominated by the state Government.
- Two members of Karnataka Legislative Assembly representing the region for a period of one year by rotation as nominated by the state Government.
- One member of Parliament representing a part or whole of the H.K region whose constituencies lie within the jurisdiction of the Board for the period of one year by rotation nominated by state Govt.
- One of the Adhyakshas of the Z.P of Bellary,Bidar ,Kalaburagi, Raichur, Yadgir districts for a period of one year by rotation as nominated by the state Government.
- One of the President/Mayor of the Urban Local body coming within the area for a period of one year by rotation as nominated by the state Government.
- Five members nominated by the state Government one each who are expert in following fields,namely:-
- 1) Planning process of state
- 2) Financial Matters and accounts of state
- 3) Irrigation and public works
- 4) Agriculture and Industry and
- 5) Education and Employment
- The Regional Commissioners of Kalaburagi Revenue Region;Ex-Officio Member
- The Secretary to Government incharge of Planning Department; Ex-Officio Member
- The Secretary to Government incharge of Finance; Ex-Officio Member
- The Secretary of the Board ,Member Secretary
There shall be an implementation committee consisting of chairman, Secretary of the Board, CEOs of the ZPs, Administrator of the CADAs, the Deputy Commissioners of the 5 districts, heads of departments of Agriculture, Collegiate Education, Animal Husbandry, Health and Family Welfare, Social Welfare, Public Instruction, Forest, Chief Engineers having jurisdiction over Hyderabad Karnataka area, Vice Chancellor of Gulbarga University and such other officers appointed by the State Government.